Thursday 12 April 2018

A few for the box

After the success of the few hours at the weekend and after moving some of my dries to another box to simply keep the flies of the month in my box which is in my waistcoat I noticed I was a bit light on the jingler patterns so remedied  that the other night.





#14 Jinglers in natural brown and partridge, a great fly to me over the years and always worth its weight in gold early season when the large upwings are on the water.







I received a note from a friend who fishes them also to great effect but he has added a twist to his in the way of colour & swears by them when there is a large dark olive hatch on, so with his recipe I produced a couple to try for myself.







I received a request from a friend in the USA for a furled leader with the sighter on the butt of the leader instead of the tip like I normally make so who was I to refuse, the butt coloured red with the tip in the normal green colour.



6 comments:

  1. Nice jinglers. Lovely flies that really do the job for me, too. I attribute it to the imitation of life but like I know ... only the trout will tell. I keep trying for a talking one. Love the furled leaders. Guaranteed killers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Spike, Yep I do love the Jingler pattern, and the furled leaders are coming on great, am trying my first self made weight forward one this weekend if the weather is kind to me.

      Delete
  2. Impressive flies George.
    You go a bit further in tying a quill body. A plus to an already deadly fly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post. You jogged my memory that I need to be tying a dozen Jingler's up.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments will be added after verification by the moderator.